Skip to content

OUR MOST VALUABLE RESOURCE TIME

Time management is one of the most difficult skills to master when embarking on a business venture. A quote from Bill Gates said “Most people overestimate what they can do in one year but underestimate what they can do in ten years.”

The point I want to make here is that there is not enough time for the procrastinator but there is is plenty of time for the industrious. How many hours a day does it take to be successful ? The answer depends on how efficiently you organise your time.

The secret is to spend 5% of your day thinking about how you can perform more efficiently the other 95% Just as you have to spend money to make more money so you have to spend time to make time.

Every evening analyse your day and think about how you could have done things better, quicker and more efficiently. What were the things that were unnecessary and time wasting Note. leisure time is not defined as time wasting as long it is factored in as a % of the day.

When you have completed this task start to plan tomorrow. Thing won’t go exactly to plan but will go a lot better than if you hadn’t planned. The difference between the successful and unsuccessful business is not usually the product, service or viability of the business. It is simply the way it is planned and organised.

Peter Bull (Author of Get In Touch With Your Start Up Building Business)

Published inIdeas Worth Consideration.

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *